Prenatal Consultation with Duluth Midwife
There are many women, planning all kinds of births, who have utilized “a la carte” prenatal sessions with me. Consultations are always tailored to what you need, but here are a few examples of things we might cover.
- Skills: I can help you learn and hone skills like feeling your baby's position, listening to your baby's heart beat, taking your own vitals, etc.
- Testing Choices: We can talk over the testing and interventions that you are being offered and go through all the options as well as their risks and benefits.
- Nutrition and Movement: I can take a look at your diet journal and talk about how to optimize your prenatal nutrition; we could even spend some time going to the grocery store, or cooking new recipes tailored to your needs.
- Emotional Support: We can talk about the emotional aspects of your pregnancy and I can point you towards resources to support you (sometimes just having someone listen and tell you what you are feeling is normal can make all the difference!).
- Clarifying Your Birth Plan - We can work on your birth plan and strategize how best to get the birth you want.