MIDWIFERY FOR THE PEOPLE
MARCH 31 (FULL), JUNE 30, SEPTEMBER 22, DECEMBER 22
Unique, caring, professional, loving and informative care before, during and after pregnancy! We are offering FREE 45 minute visits (prenatal, postpartum or even preconception!) to women in Northern Minnesota. You will get to experience a taste of midwifery care by signing up for a visit during our Midwifery for the People clinic. This is for anyone interested in receiving this care, regardless of where you plan to birth, and is also appropriate for you to utilize alongside conventional care if you wish.
What to expect at your 45 minute visit :
- A listening ear. Attention to where you are in your pregnancy + any issues you are facing physically, emotionally, or mentally
- Holistic suggestions for pregnancy issues, aches and pains
- The midwifery perspective about the many routine tests in pregnancy, + anything else you'd like to pick my brain about
- Talking through and giving you ideas around your birth + postpartum plans
- Nutritional information, including resources to take home + a short follow up phone call or email with midwife to discuss, if you wish
- Whichever clinical skills you desire (listening to baby, feeling position, blood pressure, etc.), a fun worksheet to record what you learn and of course plenty of time to talk about what the information we receive means
- A goody bag from Duluth Midwife + Indie Birth to support a healthy pregnancy!
*Labwork is also available at cost (I am happy to do the blood draw for you as well if you prefer), and cash prices are extremely reasonable through the lab (many tests in pregnancy are under $15 dollars each).